Stirred uP

Kindly read the previous posts to understand what is going on. Click here

I whiled away my time at the lounge of the airport waiting to receive my sister and her family. My much hyped welcome to India after 7 long years was over and I was back to the man Friday of the family doing all the odd jobs around the house. It had been 2 long months, since I resigned from my high paying job and returned home to be with my parents. I hadn't yet decided what it was that I wanted to do but I was hoping my B-school knowledge would come in handy to start something of my own to keep me occupied. And it had since been 2 months of thinking. Nothing had caught my fancy yet and I was getting paranoid thinking I might have to get back to the corporate life that I despised so much. In the meanwhile my family found plenty of ways to keep me occupied and allow me plenty of opportunities to make up for all the years away from home. And here I was waiting to pick up my sis and co. who was on her annual holiday home.

It had been a while since we had met. Probably 5 years back when I was in Seattle to represent my firm at one of those many conferences they make a big deal about. It had been my nephews 1st birthday and she had made it a point for me to be present for the same or well I dint have an option. That was the last. As I wondered around the lobby fiddling on my Nokia still trying for the nth time to find something new that I might have missed in the 3 years of use. Just as the arrival of the flight was being announced a familiar figure caught my sight. I immediately turned in the direction to see the same person at the check out terminal, as she patiently waited for the arrival of her baggage.As I wandered whether it was indeed the person I was thinking it was, she turned and looked straight in my direction. My heart skipped a beat or rather stopped beating completely, I don't remember. I was too engrossed to notice my heartbeat. It was HER!

I continued to look at her, as she walked out of the check out counter and the overhead blower lifted the hair off her face I realized it wasn't her but someone who looked similar. Maybe I had had an overdose of bollywood movies. Maybe I had returned to my day dreaming habits. Or maybe the old surroundings had refreshed old memories. Whatever it was I turned just in time to see my sis and her kids coming through the airport exit terminal. She looked smart in her jeans and not so short Tees. Well America does change people. My brother-in-law brought up the rear. Looking the doting father that he is carrying the youngest born. The grey hair at his temples did show despite the short hair cut that he always prefers to wear.I found wandering at how I would look in that role someday, walking with a family of my own. After we exchanged the pleasantries and after my sis teased me about my being a lil out of shape. We all piled up into my new SUV that I finally acquired as a gift for myself on my 35th bday. Something that I had promised myself long back. My nephew and niece looked at me as though I was stranger since they had not seen me in a long time. Well I almost was a stranger to them. I had never been there when they came for their annual holidays and except the oldest one maybe who had seen me for his 1st bday. And I hardly looked the uncle they had seen in the family photographs. I turned my attention to the car. A stranger to me. There were things even I needed to get used to.

My idleness was stirred, and it had been more than once since I had thought of HER. Maybe it was time to go looking for HER. Some old alliances to be revisited and some old acquaintances renewed. I sure had a mission for the next couple of weeks. Finally I was on a mission!


Kindly click HERE for the next episode!

Comments

Popular Posts