eXcited

Disclaimer: This is not for the weak hearted. Read at your own risk.You may be converted.

Far away in America, a baby was to be brought into the world. Unlike many of the superheroes born, this one had been carefully chosen to outperform its predecessors. The going had been tough. The parents had suffered. The once faithful had slowly started wandering. The hopelessness was taking over life.

For months together there were speculations of a new high council being put together to create a masterpiece that would wow the world. There was too much fruit talk happening all around and yet the doctors did not remain at bay (pun intended). Research was underway and yet there was no outcome to show for the efforts at the lab. Speculations had been rife of a superhero being created but then that's all there was to the talk.

Sometime in July of last year the rumor mills started to work overtime. The news started pouring in. It wasn't small talk anymore, the superhero baby had been conceived. And then the videos arrived. Testimony that the news was true. Superhero was soon going to make way into this world. The internet was abuzz with news about a new baby being born of true American values, deep within the hinterland of Texas. This baby was going to change the world for me and millions of others like me who had craved for someone just like it. 

Finally on the 1st of August 2013, the sun rose - on the west. The superhero had arrived. Millions of people around the world waited with abated breath - for their prayers had been answered. You had to believe that god existed and in whatever ways he chose to show his existence - he did so in a spectacular way. I am a poor Indian living in my own country hoping for a miracle everyday. Waiting to be shown the light. And yet the superhero had neglected to cross the oceans and arrive at the Indian shores. They say even the blessed have to await their turn. And so I did. Hoping against hope that I would someday be chosen to carry the light. I had worn the leather, taken the black and yet I had not abandoned my faith. My heart told me that someday I would be rewarded.

And that day did come. The many millions of my fellow brethren in India had been finally liberated. The superhero had crossed the shore. Our life was not wasted after all. There was a sigh of relief. We felt alive. I set forth on my journey to meet the superhero. It wasn't easy. Fighting the odds against the millions who had waited for a glimpse of it. And yet I waited my turn. We had been at the gates for a full 48 hours. Peeping in waiting for out turn. Every single time a name was announced and that faithful received gift. A piece of the superhero itself. There were shouts of joy and talk of enlightenment. I was waiting.

After what seemed like an eternity, my name was called out. My turn had arrived. I was blessed. There was no more waiting. I walked inside the gate. The superhero stood right at the center. I smiled. My patience had paid out. I walked up to the superhero and bowed in humility as my gift was out into my hands. I had been rechristened to my faith. The faith followed by the survivors. The ones who had braved the fruit attacks and encroached by the galaxians. But we were not to be deceived. Life wasn't unfair after all, it had come a full circle. I have been rewarded. I have been aXed. MOTO X'd. :)

 Have you been X'd?
 
Photo: Ariel Zambelich/WIRED


Brian Klug/Anandtech


Luke Johnson/Trustedreviews

 Please also read "The beauty that possessed me - an ode to my first love - Jade Merchant"

Comments

Popular Posts