Flashback

When I am 60
And you'll still be a tad bit under
I'll look back at time
And continue to wander

For those moments spent in your company
Were not just beautiful
They were perhaps
The most beautiful so far

The big eyes when they looked at me
There was the love and there was the care
In your lovely company
My emotions I could bare

I still remember the touch of your lips
And the passion in your embrace
With your cheek against my cheek you slept
And breathed onto my face

The scent of your love still lingers
The touch of you at the tip of my fingers
The sound of your giggle rings in my ear
And I try to find you somewhere near

Huddle you into a corner
And perhaps steal a passionate kiss
Hoping that the lucky onlooker
Might gladly give us a miss

But I am sixty and a bit old
It's not in my stride to be too bold
A smile still lights up my face
Finding myself still huddled in your embrace!

Comments

  1. its beautiful :) .. only if i could have a lover so passionate .. :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Naveen. Sorry for the really late reply. Been in hibernation for too long.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts