Life is but a stage

Perhaps I do
Perhaps I don't
But even if I do
Change things? It won't

For Shakesphere said
Of the world as a stage
The role I play
Is but a phase

With it comes
The light, the glamour, the fame
And oft times the affection
And a bit of a name

I shall be loved, devoured
And sometimes worshiped
Showered with love
And interest in me piqued

The claps, the praises
And plenty of laughter
Prizes and rewards and
Attention thereafter

As the role comes to
A logical end
The people will disappear
And alone I stand

A reminder that perhaps
Life is not fair
A life off the stage
Can be cruel and scare

The praises are few
And the claps yet scarce
The attention and laughter I got
Appear a farce

The audience has lost
The taste of the wonder
Where might their love have gone
I ponder

But such is the pull
Of life up yonder
That nothing else
Can match that thunder

I live in a constant
Agony and pain
Hoping it wouldn't
Happen again

But there comes a role
That I don't want to let go off
Despite the pain, agony
And the other stuff

For I am an actor
Who lives in the spotlight
And nothing can change
My desire for highlight

I'll enjoy the attention
That is so superficial
For, to my ego
It is beneficial

The pain, the cruelty,
The fall can wait
While with the stage
I have my date!

Comments

Popular Posts