The Night Said To Me


The night said to me...

It's the middle of the night,
I wake up with fright
At the computer screen I stare
I bring the machine to life and be aware
And desperately look for that window below
Which will pop up anytime now
With a coy "Miss you honey"
Or even a "I love you"

But I don't see any to my fright
And then I check at the bottom right
At the lil green LED light
That shows me the connectivity as all right

'How stupid I am' I say
I forget to switch the internet on every day
I quickly activate the modem
That will stop my brainular mayhem
The LED comes on quickly
As I hit the refresh button repeatedly
I wait with hope every time the page reloads
Hope making my heart alight
But alas i see no ping



As darkness taunts with delight
It says to the humble night
"You accompany me all right
but it is your advent that brings a hope
That with your departure will come a light
The light that will erase the doubts"
I interrupt their silent conversation
'What about the shadows' I say
"The light will come and go away
But won't the doubts stay?"

So far the night has been quite
But my question brings it in sight
Darkness looks as Night speaks aloud
"My tryst with destiny came with a price to pay
When I was bethroted to my lord the day
Together we were happy and gay
But darkness could not look our way

It was jealous and angry and loathe
And cast the shadows between us both
My lord lost the faith in me
This is what the darkness wanted to see
From then we are cursed to be apart
By the twilight shadows that make him depart."

The smile replaces the sad face
And it says again with a new grace

"Don't let the shadows stay that way
And trust your beloved come what may
With a sparkle lighting up its eye
It bids me a goodbye"

I look outside as it dawns
The very moment the day crowns
I smile at what the night had said
Darkness had indeed been cruel and bad
I promised myself a better day
And put all my doubts away

Just then the pc beeps
For no reason I had weeped
The ping had but come along
As it played a nice song
It said I was being missed
Amidst the dreams I am kissed
I Love You said she from far away
Come to me as soon as you may!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts