Who'll be the next Crypton Merchant?!

In the midst of a warzone we battled on. In our quest to reach the enemy in optimal time.. we fought on the incoming traffic and navigated on the faithful navigation system entrusted to it by the maker of the beautiful Crypton Merchant. Just as we were making some headway and someone called. And as used and abused it had been in the war days, Crypton could not bear it anymore. Before I could know who was calling Crypton took the hit and collapsed. An emergency resurrection could not do it any good. In fact it slipped into coma.

In a strange city, I was at bay without my loyal companion and repository showing me the way in this wicked wide world. Even though we made it to the enemy camp in time and won the battle, crypton lay wounded in my arms deep in coma. The peace showing on its face. The constant outgoing and incoming calls with more than 2300 hours of call hours logged in its short span of 17 months accompanied by an average of 500 messages a month, constant fight to keep the email going on the move, navigating new places on its google maps and still singing through its music application had done it in. It had taken the battering through thick and thin, whether through the nightouts in office or the lazy vacations at the beach. It always was there for me. But on the dreadful day of September 17th, 2010 Crypton fell in deep coma. I had never ever seen such times before. As my loyal companion lay in my arms wounded, battered but refused to give up life. I was proud for the service it had rendered to me.

As the enemy lay shattered on the battlefield and the victory was in sight, I rushed Crypton to a hospital that would make the pain bearable. And after spending some time under the due diligence of the able technicians of the Sony Ericsson, it was lifted out of the coma. But not without making me anxious and nervous for the life of my faithful crypton. Finally we were back on the road together. However, Crypton's health has been failing consistently post the first attack and it drags on with dear life. It's memory bruised by the wounds of the war, fails to remember the many names and numbers of which it was proud once upon a time. But it continues to serve despite its pain. I cannot let it go on in pain and misery. Every time I look at it, I remember the moment Crypton replaced its predecessor swearing loyal service to me and my network of contacts. Still living to its oat, I have decided to free it and let it rest in peace. For now and ever.

However, it will continue to warm my heart with many beautiful moments spent together crooning to the melodies on its walkman software or being the silent partner in crime while played the pranks on calls or sent those long messages. It always kept me connected. Looking forward to a worthy successor to honor your valour. Good Bye Crypton.

Note: This is note is dedicated to the fond memory of my faithful Sony Ericsson W595 which served me for 18 months. It is the 4th pall bearer of the Crypton Merchant name.

Comments

  1. Not to forget the scarry recordings crypton merchant recorded of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur last line shud've been first :P jus jokin. keep writin!
    -Radha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really nice and well written. Nice one Pranam!!

    Swapnil Sheth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts