Root Love

As I wondered along the road called life, I came upon a mound of earth. I tired in vain to cross the mound, as it downed upon me that I would need to dig in order to cross. With nothing to do, nowhere to go, I started digging. With all the time in the world. I continued to dig, at leisure with stones, sticks and every other raw weapon that came to my hand. I dug slowly not to get my hands dirty or my clothes soiled. I came upon several things along the way. Out came more stones, sticks, earthworms and so on as I threw it recklessly around. And then I came across a root. Strong as wood. The deeper I dug, I got more interested where it would lead me.

I started digging with a new found interest, deeper and faster. With my bare hands. Around the root I dug. Hours passed, so did days, I continued. Weeks went by and I continued to explore. I came across various other branches of the roots. Lot of worms and other lives on the roots. Now I was more careful, I gently lifted each one and made sure it was rehabilitated. This took up a lot of my valuable time. I couldn't deep as fast. But it was important that in my quest to get there I do not displace the existing ecology of the system. I realized I do not have the right to walk in anywhere and act rash. I had to make an effort to adjust and get the eco system to accept me as a part of it. the root belonged to a much bigger tree than I had contemplated. I couldn't just walk away with it. It wasn't mine to take. But it was upto me to stay beside it, nurture it to make it possible to strengthen the tree. And I had indeed found a new direction in life. I was no more a wonderer. I decided to stay. To help it grow. To take care of it. And in return I got what I wanted. A new way of life.

That root, my dear friend is my Love. I stumbled onto it by chance, but I made a choice. A choice to be by its side not to tear it apart and take it away. But to stay there. Be accepted, be a part of something I could find solace in, find meaning in! Help make another tree as strong as the first one. As beautiful.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts