What you give will come back...

Probably there are no snaps , no special mention in the diary, but somethings remains etched in the memory ..

One warm May afternoon I sat across from the girl in a white chudidaar, hair tied in a high ponytail, as the fine line of kohl oulined her descriptive eyes. Only the pendant dangling by the golden chain proved to be the sole distraction from the steady gaze that locked my vision of the rest of my surrounding.

The steady whirr of the air conditioner seemed like a repetitive hindrance to the otherwise silent background as we tried to listen to each other's unspoken words. There was already enough uncertainity.. with the questions in her eyes punctuating the life ahead. The game of eyes continued as we both sought answers... possibly the ones neither of us knew. What had unfolded over the past few weeks had left a deep impression that would take a lifetime to normalize, a feeling that would last a while.

The glare intensified as I continued to look, hoping those big beautiful mesmerizing eyes would let me drown within, engulfin me with what I sought, the answers deep down, but just as I was meeting the horizon, the gaze turned making me feel much like the swimmer trying to negotiate the deep sea without a float, without a hope of ever knowing what the ocean bed held within, hiding some secrets that only a few lucky ones discover.

I was not one of the lucky ones, I din't know then.... I don't know now. But someday... I believe... someday it will all come back with good measure. Because like they say... what you give always comes back to you. No matter when, no matter how, no matter where... what belongs to you comes back.

It was to be the last time I saw those eyes, taking from me what was in fact something that belonged to a her, who came in my life like the swift evening summer breeze... relieving the heat, the uneasiness and making me free of an oath, of a belonging left in my custody.. perhaps in this life or the one before. Despite the loss of it all, I never cribbed, I never felt a hollow for the part that left me for her --- it might be destiny's way of saying.. what you give will come back to you. Maybe in this life or the one after!

Comments

  1. Fantastic Job Pranam....u hv really lived that moment,its depicting in ur writing...Keep up with de good work...waitn 4 ur next blog eagerly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey... as usual, its refreshing reading an article that would lift up ur mood when the day at work just keeps getting worse.... u're skillset is just getting better, though at first I wondered what the loss exactly was... sorry pranam,like i said tough day at wrk. mind was working right.... but the description was enuf to paint a mental picture of the girl in mind sitting across a guy who had this love smitten look in his face... i cud u imagine u as the guy ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts