It's a new day!



Every new thing brings with it, its own new opportunities, new challenges and of course new hurdles. As we set out on a new week today, the weather in here is chilling and almost dry. Growing up in the warm and sunny locales of Goa has left its mark on me and perhaps I can understand why I am not too fond of the winter chills. However, today is different. For some strange reason, my bones don't creek like they usually do and long for the warmth of the blanket. I breeze through my morning routine and take off for the 12 odd miles ride to office.



The chill is in the air and the wind is in my face but the force within is so strong, it almost makes me smile in the face of the wind. Hell, today is different. Sitting outside the office drinking my first coffee of the morning, with Celine Dion singing "Its a new day" on my iPod, the pleasantness of the day strikes me as odd, never-the-less I find myself wandering what is it within me that is keeping me warm. The smile returns to my face. Sitting alone, basking in the early morning sunlight that strives to make its way to me through the mist, I find myself thanking the sun for making the effort everyday to reach me, despite the mist, cloud and every other obstacle that comes my way. The trees are shedding their leaves, but the leaves are more than willing to embrace the ground and cover mother earth, maybe its their way of going back to the roots as the tree readies for the challenge of surviving the winter ahead. Birds have started on their quest for food and chirp away to glory, gently waking up lazier souls like me and reminding how beautiful it is to be alive and see sunlight yet again.

In our race against time to achieve things in life, to make more of technology and remain absent from the society only to be active on the social media, we have long forgotten what it is to hear the bird "Tweet". It is time, maybe to get back to our own roots and embrace nature, for that is where we come from and that is where we are headed!

I walk into the office with a new spring in my steps, I know deep within that my day ahead is blessed and it would be fruitful no matter what I do as long as I do it with my soul in it! I hope the day and week ahead brings you your share of good life.

Comments

  1. Hey! Way to go! Nicely written. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A breath of fresh air...

    Undoubtedly, well written and sequenced.

    I hope this is just another drop in the ocean.

    -Arpita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!!! Was it impromptu?..either ways, its very well written..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts